Friday, 06 May 2011

Fish-got-to-Swim, Birds-got-to-Fly...


acertaincinema.com
blog.avagardner.org
 feminine-flower.tumblr.com 
 My man & I were browsing the shops of our favourite place, Kalk Bay, when we stumbled upon a tiny New And Old CD & DVD store, hidden away in one of the quaint little lanes. I was very excited to find the soundtrack to one of the musicals I love for only 15 mega bucks! SHOWBOAT is an old classic and a story I enjoyed learning more about at college. Pictured above is the exquisite Ava Gardner. She played the role of Julie in the 1936 movie version of the musical. My favourite song in the show is entitled, "Cant Help Lovin' Dat Man". It has been on repeat on our cd player all week! Here is a clip of the movie version of the song, which is slightly slower but just as wonderful. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment